Apply to be a Volunteer Hoopsters Youth Basketball Coach & Assistant Coach for the 2024 season!
There are two ways to apply to be a Hoopsters Youth Basketball Coach and Assistant Coach. Deadline to apply is December 15, 2023.
- Complete the Hoopsters Basketball League Coach Questionnaire online.
- Download and print the Coach Questionnaire (PDF). Return the completed questionnaire to the Adorni Center, Attn: Hoopsters. Coach Questionnaires are also available for pick-up at the Adorni Center.
- If selected, qualified applicant must be willing to be fingerprinted
- A basic understanding of the fundamentals of the game of basketball
- Prior coaching experience helpful, but not required
- Ability to be a positive rule model
- Must be dependable, have excellent time management skills and the ability to take initiative
- Ability to work with children of various ages
- Energetic, caring and patient
Description of Duties:
- Plan, organize and supervise one weekly practice session for the 12 week season
- Coach one weekend game for the 12 week season
- Promote teamwork and sportsmanship
- Teach the fundamentals of basketball
- Work closely with the Recreation Division in regard to the adherence to rules, regulations and league standards
- Make every effort to ensure Hoopsters Basketball is a positive and enjoyable experience for everyone involved
- Ensure every player has an equal opportunity to participate
- Manage basic behavior guidance
- Communicate with parents and players regarding practice/game schedules and the basic policies regarding attendance and participation
- Make contact with each player's parents/guardians and maintain ongoing communication
- Organize a meeting with players and their parents/guardians prior to the first practice
- Provide and oversee a safe play environment which enables youth to participate in positive, self-esteem building activities