Planning Apps and Forms 

We're (slowly) changing the way to apply for permits and reviews in Development Services. To submit an application to Development Services - Planning, please follow these steps:


Beginning Friday February 17, 2023, City of Eureka Development Services - Planning will be accepting Development Review applications ONLY online via the City’s new OpenGov website. If you are not applying for Development Review see  APPLICATIONS OTHER THAN DEVELOPMENT REVIEW, below.

 If you already have an OpenGov account, you will need your user name and password. Use the link below to start your application.

If this is the first time you are using the OpenGov system, you will need to create a free OpenGov account. Click the link below, and then click the Sign Up link at the top right side of the page, or click Sign Up under “Your profile” at the bottom of the page.

City of Eureka – Planning - OpenGov

Please call Development Services – Planning at 707-441-4160 for more information or if you encounter problems with the OpenGov system.



  1. Review the project Guide and Worksheet for your project (found on this page under Fee Schedules, Guides and Worksheets) to determine what supplemental information is required for your project
  2. Complete the 2022 to 2023 Application Form
  3. Complete/compile the information requested in the project Worksheet
  4. Print the application form and the worksheet/supplemental information (either hard copy or electronic). You do not need to print or submit the project Guide.
  5. Sign the application form.
  6. Submit the application form and supplemental information, either by:
    1. Emailing to the Planning Department or
    2. Calling 707-441-4160 to make an appointment to drop off the application and supplemental information. Staff is available Monday through Friday, except holidays, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m.
  7. Pay the application fee from the appropriate fee schedule found on this page in the Fee Schedules, Guides and Worksheets, or call Planning at 707-441-4160 and we'll calculate the fee(s) for you.
    Application fees must be paid at the time the application is submitted, and project processing cannot begin until all fees are paid. You may:
    1. Mail a check, made payable to:
      City of Eureka
      Development Services - Planning
      531 K Street
      Eureka, CA 95501
    2. Include a check when the application is dropped off at the appointment or
    3. Call 707-441-4160 to pay by credit card (Visa or Mastercard only).

If you have questions regarding the application requirements or process, please contact Development Services - Planning.

The following forms do not require a 2022 to 2023 Application Form:

  • Burn Down Letter Request 
  • Complaint/Violation 
  • Cottage Food Operator 
  • Design Review Incentive Fee Reduction 
  • Flood Elevation Certificate
  • Home Occupation Permit
  • Mobile Vendor
  • Vacation Dwelling Unit (coastal)
  • Vacation Rental (inland)

Fee Schedules, Guides and Worksheets

  1. 2022 to 2023 Coastal Fee Schedule
  2. 2022to 2023 City-wide Fee Schedule
  3. Administrative Adjustment (Inland Only)
  4. Burn Down Letter Request
  5. Certificate of Compliance
  6. Coastal Categorical Exclusion
  7. Coastal Design Review Guide and Supplemental
  8. Coastal Development Permit Guide and Worksheets
  9. Coastal Vacation Dwelling Unit Permit Includes Home Occupation and Business License
  10. Complaint-Violation Form
  11. Conditional Use Permit (CUP) Guide and Worksheets
  12. Cottage Food Operator Home Occupation Permit
  13. Design Review Guide and Supplemental-Inland
  14. Flood Hazard Area Supplemental
  15. General Plan Amendment
  16. General Plan Petition
  17. Historic Preservation (Add-Remove from LRHP) Guide and Worksheets
  18. Historic Preservation (Alter-Demo) Guide and Worksheets
  19. Home Occupation Permit (HOP)
  20. Local Coastal Program Amendment Guide and Worksheets
  21. Lot Line Adjustment Guide and Worksheet
  22. Merger Guide and Worksheet
  23. Mills Act FAQ
  24. Minor Modification Guide and Worksheet
  25. Minor Use Permit (MUP) Guide and Worksheets
  26. Mobile Vendor Application
  27. Reasonable Accommodation Request Worksheet
  28. Right-of-Way Vacation Guide and Worksheets
  29. Sign Permit - Administrative
  30. Sign Permit Master and Creative Guide and Worksheets - Inland
  31. Subdivision Major Guides and Worksheets
  32. Subdivision Minor Guides and Worksheets
  33. Text Amendment Guide and Supplemental
  34. Vacation Rentals - Inland
  35. Variance Guide and Worksheets
  36. Wireless Telecommunication Facility (WTF) - Eligible Facility Request
  37. Wireless Telecommunication Facility (WTF) - New WTF
  38. Wireless Telecommunication Facility (WTF) - Non-Eligible Facility
  39. Zone Reclassification Guide and Worksheets