Planning Apps and Forms
We're changing the way to apply for permits and reviews in Development Services. To submit an application to Development Services - Planning, please follow these steps:
NEW!!! ON-LINE APPLICATIONS:
City of Eureka Development Services - Planning is accepting on-line applications for the projects/permits/requests listed below via the City’s new OpenGov website. If you are not applying for any of the on-line applications listed below please see the PAPER APPLICATIONS and FEE SCHEDULES, GUIDES AND WORKSHEETS lists below.
Existing OpenGov Users:
If you already have an OpenGov account, you will need your user name and password to fill out an application. When asked, click Proceed to Site, which will take you to the OpenGov website.
New OpenGov Users:
If this is the first time you are using the OpenGov system, you will need to create a free OpenGov account. Set up your account and start the application. When asked, click Proceed to Site, and once on the OpenGov website, click the Sign Up link at the top right side of the page, or scroll down to click Sign Up under “Your profile” at the bottom of the page.
Administrative Adjustment (Inland Only)
Burn Down Letter Request
Cottage Food Operation Home Occupation Permit
Home Occupation Permit
Minor Use Permit
Sign Permit - Administrative
Sign Permit - Creative
Sign Permit - Master
Vacation Dwelling Unit (Coastal Zone)
Vacation Rental No Proprietor On-Site and Minor Use Permit (Inland)
Vacation Rental Proprietor On-Site (Inland)
Please call Development Services - Planning at 707-441-4160 for more information or if you encounter problems with the OpenGov system.
- Review the project Guide and Worksheet for your project (found on this page under Fee Schedules, Guides and Worksheets) to determine what supplemental information is required for your project
- Complete the 2023 to 2024 Application Form
- Complete/compile the information requested in the project Worksheet
- Print the application form and the worksheet/supplemental information (either hard copy or electronic). You do not need to print or submit the project Guide.
- Sign the application form.
- Submit the application form and supplemental information, either by:
- Emailing to the Planning Department or
- Calling 707-441-4160 to make an appointment to drop off the application and supplemental information. Staff is available Monday through Friday, except holidays, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m.
- Pay the application fee from the appropriate fee schedule found on this page in the Fee Schedules, Guides and Worksheets, or call Planning at 707-441-4160 and we'll calculate the fee(s) for you.
Application fees must be paid at the time the application is submitted, and project processing cannot begin until all fees are paid. You may:
- Mail a check, made payable to:
City of Eureka
Development Services - Planning
531 K Street
Eureka, CA 95501
- Include a check when the application is dropped off at the appointment or
- Call 707-441-4160 to pay by credit card (Visa or Mastercard only).
- Mail a check, made payable to:
If you have questions regarding the application requirements or process, please contact Development Services - Planning.
The following forms do not require a 2022 to 2023 Application Form:
- Flood Elevation Certificate
- Mobile Vendor
- Vacation Dwelling Unit (coastal)
Fee Schedules, Guides and Worksheets
- 2023-2024 Citywide Fee Schedule
- 2023-2024 Coastal Fee Schedule
- Certificate of Compliance
- Coastal Categorical Exclusion
- Coastal Design Review Guide and Supplemental
- Coastal Development Permit Guide and Worksheets
- Complaint-Violation Form
- Conditional Use Permit (CUP) Guide and Worksheets
- Design Review Guide and Supplemental-Inland
- Flood Hazard Area Supplemental
- General Plan Amendment
- General Plan Petition
- Historic Preservation (Add-Remove from LRHP) Guide and Worksheets
- Historic Preservation (Alter-Demo) Guide and Worksheets
- Local Coastal Program Amendment Guide and Worksheets
- Lot Line Adjustment Guide and Worksheet
- Merger Guide and Worksheet
- Mills Act FAQ
- Minor Modification Guide and Worksheet
- Mobile Vendor Application
- Reasonable Accommodation Request Worksheet
- Right-of-Way Vacation Guide and Worksheets
- Subdivision Major Guides and Worksheets
- Subdivision Minor Guides and Worksheets
- Text Amendment Guide and Supplemental
- Variance Guide and Worksheets
- Wireless Telecommunication Facility (WTF) - Eligible Facility Request
- Wireless Telecommunication Facility (WTF) - New WTF
- Wireless Telecommunication Facility (WTF) - Non-Eligible Facility
- Zone Reclassification Guide and Worksheets