General Facility Rental Guidelines
Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance of the desired date of use. Liability insurance may be required. Insurance packets are available upon request.
- Check availability or request a facility online
- Reservations must be made at least two (2) weeks in advance of requested date of use
- Reservations will be accepted up to one (1) year in advance
- Rentals require a security deposit, rental fees, rental contract and if applicable liability insurance and staff fees
- Liability insurance is required for some rentals. Insurance packets are available upon request.
For more information, to make a reservation or request an insurance packet, please contact the Community Services Department.
Areas available for Rent:
Fees effective 7/1/23 - 6/30/24
|Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm|
|Monday - Friday after 4pm, Saturday, Sunday & holidays all day|
In April of 1952, Recreation Superintendent Ted Coon began receiving phone calls from residents around Highland and Idaho Streets clamoring for a playground in the area. Mr. Coon suggested that these people have a neighborhood meeting and organize a committee. Meetings were held and it was decided the group should take the name of Fifth Ward Playground Committee and help the Department as much as possible in establishing a playground. By borrowing equipment, Mr. Coon did a lot of the physical labor himself in leveling and clearing the land. Coon was assisted, however, by neighborhood working parties. To raise money to build a fence around the playground, the committee held a rummage sale and co-sponsored a dance recital with Betty Meriweather. This completed the fence on the southwest side. The park was officially opened under supervision in the later part of 1952.
Money was appropriated by the City Council in the 1966/67 budget to completely develop the park.
Exciting improvements are coming to Highland Park!
This project will consist of:
- Removal of existing concessions/restroom building
- Installation of a new pre-fab concession/restroom building
- Re-paving & re-striping the tennis courts to accommodate both tennis and pickleball
- Replacement of fencing
- New ADA pedestrian pathway
- Trail rehabilitation & landscaping
This project is currently out to bid with submissions due on November 28, 2023. The bid packet can be found at www.CIPList.com. All submitted bids will be reviewed with the goal of awarding the project by the end of 2023 so construction can begin in 2024.