Board & Commission Vacancies

Board, Committee or CommissionVacancies

Notice of Board Vacancies

Applications may be obtained by phone or in person from the City Clerk's Office or may be downloaded: Apply for Appointment (PDF).

In order to be eligible for appointment to any board or commission, a person must be a qualified registered elector of the City of Eureka, the Humboldt Community Services District or Humboldt County Service Area Number 3, or be the owner of a business located within the city limits of the City of Eureka. The mayor shall make the appointments with the approval of a majority of the Council. Appointments of qualified non-city residents will require a four-fifths vote of the Council for confirmation.

Members on Boards and Commissions shall be willing to serve as a civic responsibility and without compensation. No member of any board or commission shall hold any paid office or employment in the city government.

For more information, call the City Clerk at 707-441-4175.