Permit Information

The Engineering Department is responsible for the issuance of several different types of permits, including Encroachment, Water Service Connection, Sewer Service Connection, Transportation Permits, and Residential Parking Permits. Engineering accepts cash, checks, and Visa / Mastercard as payment. Please call or fax over the information in regards to the type of permit you would like so we may have it available for you when you come in to sign and pay for it.

The Eureka Municipal Code provides,

"It shall be unlawful for any person to excavate in or to construct, install, or maintain any improvement, structure, or encroachment in, on, over, or under any city property, tidelands, street or easement without first obtaining from the Director of Public Works a permit therefor, or to maintain the same without such permit or in violation of the terms or conditions thereof." ('63 Code, § 7-1.02)

The Engineering Department is responsible to issue an Encroachment Permit any time work will be conducted within the public right-of-way.