- City Council - Ward 1
- City Council - Ward 3
- City Council - Ward 5
The nomination period for filing for these offices begins in July 2022 and runs 3 weeks into August 2022. A candidate must be a registered voter of the ward that they wish to represent at the time nomination papers are issued. The Mayor must be 25 years old and a registered voter in the City of Eureka.
Please contact the City Clerk's office at 707-441-4175 for additional information or review the 2020 Candidate Handbook (PDF) to review the necessary forms and requirements.
The City Clerk serves as the Elections Official for the City of Eureka and is responsible for managing the City's municipal elections in an impartial manner. Responsibilities include issuing candidates' informational booklets and nomination papers; receiving and reviewing candidates' statement; processing petitions and ballot measures; certifying election results; and preparing legal advertising.
For information regarding California statewide elections, call the Secretary of State's toll-free Voter Hotline at 1800-345-VOTE (8683). Large-print or audio-cassette versions of the Official Voter Information Guide for the November 1, 2016 General Election will be available in October at the Eureka City Clerk's office, 531 K Street (phone: 707-441-4175, or may be ordered through the above Voter Hotline, or online: Secretary of State Voter Information Guide.
Beginning January 20, 2012, the City of Eureka has adopted a Campaign Finance Reform Ordinance (PDF).
Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) Information
The FPPC administers the California Political Reform Act of 1974. The Political Reform Act requires local government officials to disqualify themselves from participating in making decisions that may affect their personal economic interests. In addition, the provisions of the act require local officials to periodically disclose their assets, income, and campaign contributions.
FPPC Form 700: Statement of Economic Interests. Local government officials and candidates use this form to disclose their assets and income. It is filed by candidates for local office, then upon assuming office, and thereafter annually.
FPPC Form 501: Candidate Intention Statement (PDF). A candidate must file this form prior to solicitation or receipt of any contribution, or expenditure of any personal funds used for the election.
FPPC Form 410 Statement of Organization (PDF) - Recipient Committee: A candidate or recipient committee must file this form within 10 days of receiving $1000 or more in contributions during a calendar year.
FPPC Form 460: Campaign Statement (PDF). The Recipient Committee Campaign Statement must be filed by candidates or officeholders who raise or spend $1000 or more during a calendar year. Candidates file Form 460 as their 1st and 2nd pre-election statement and officeholders file Form 460 semi-annually, January 31st and July 31st.
Form 470: Campaign Statement-Short Form (PDF). The Officeholder and Candidate Campaign Statement must be filed by candidates or officeholders who do not have a controlled committee, and who do not anticipate raising or spending $1000 or more during a calendar year. Candidates file Form 470 with their declaration of candidacy or by the deadline for the 1st pre-election statement. Form 470 is filed annually by officeholders by July 31st.
Candidate Nomination Packet
- 460-Austin Allison 07012016 to 09242016 (PDF)
- 460-Austin Allison 09252016 to 10222016 (PDF)
- 460-Austin Allison 10232016 to 12312016 (PDF)
- 460-John Fullerton 01012016 to 06302016 (PDF)
- 460-John Fullerton 07012016 to 09242016 (PDF)
- 460-John Fullerton 09252016 to 10222016 (PDF)
- 460-John Fullerton 10232016 to 12312016 (PDF)
- 460-John Fullerton 10292015 to 12312015 (PDF)
- 460-No on Measure P 09202016 to 10222016 (PDF)
- 460-No on Measure P 10232016 to 12312016 (PDF)
- 460-Yes on Measure P 07012016 to 09242016 (PDF)
- 460-Yes on Measure P 09252016 to 10222016 (PDF)
- 497-No on Measure P-HBE (PDF)
- 497-Yes on Measure P-HCDCC (PDF)
- 497-Yes on Measure P-Segdgefield Properties (PDF)
- 201801025-Bonino 460 (PDF)
- 201801026-Messner 460 (PDF)
- 20180731-Arroyo 460 (PDF)
- 20180731-Bergel 460 (PDF)
- 20180731-Bonino 470 (PDF)
- 20180731-Brady 460 (PDF)
- 20180731-Breslin 460 (PDF)
- 20180731-Brooks 470 (PDF)
- 20180731-Constantine 460 (PDF)
- 20180731-Fullerton 460 (PDF)
- 20180731-Mantova 460 (PDF)
- 20180731-Messner 460 (PDF)
- 20180731-Seaman 460 (PDF)
- 20180926- Constantine 460 (PDF)
- 20180926- Fullerton 460 (PDF)
- 20180926-Arroyo 460 (PDF)
- 20180926-Bergel 460 (PDF)
- 20180926-Breslin 460 (PDF)
- 20180926-Castellano 460 (PDF)
- 20180926-Mantova 460 (PDF)
- 20180926-Messner 460 (PDF)
- 20180927- Lamb 470 (PDF)
- 20180928- Bonino 460 (PDF)
- 20180928- Seaman 460 (PDF)
- 20181001-Seamen 460-Amendment (PDF)
- 20181023-Castallano 460 (PDF)
- 20181023-Mantova 460 (PDF)
- 20181024-Arroyo 460 (PDF)
- 20181025-Bergel 460 (PDF)
- 20181025-Breslin 460 (PDF)
- 20181025-Costantine 460 (PDF)
- 20181025-Fullerton 460 (PDF)
- 20181025-Seaman 460 (PDF)
- 20181231- Bonino 460 (PDF)
- 20181231-Arroyo 460 (PDF)
- 20181231-Breslin 460 (PDF)
- 20181231-Castellano 460 (PDF)
- 20181231-Constantine 460 (PDF)
- 20181231-Fullerton 460 (PDF)
- 20181231-Messner 460 (PDF)
- 20181231-Seaman 460 (PDF)
- 20200731-Welsh 460 (PDF)
- 20200924-Bauer-460 (PDF)
- 20200924-Jager-Wentworth-460 (PDF)
- 20200924-Morgan-470 (PDF)
- 20200924-Moulton-460 (PDF)
- 20200924-Owen 460 (PDF)
- 20200924-Tuttle-460 (PDF)
- 20200924-Welsh-460 (PDF)
- 20201022-Bauer 460 (PDF)
- 20201022-Jager Wentworth 460 (PDF)
- 20201022-Moulton 460 (PDF)
- 20201022-Moulton 460 Amended (PDF)
- 20201022-Tuttle 460 (PDF)
- 20201022-Welsh 460 (PDF)
- 20201222-Moulton-460 Terminating (PDF)