Water & Sewer Services
The City of Eureka provides water and sewer service for the residents of Eureka.
Search an address to see if it falls within City limits
Does your address fall outside City limits? Your address may be serviced by Humboldt Community Service District; click here to be redirected.
Start Water & Sewer Service
- Completed Application (PDF) or
- Solicitud Completa En Español (PDF)
- Proof of legal residency (signed lease agreement, purchase documents such as a Final Buyer's Statement, current year property tax bill, or recorded grant deed)
- Current photo ID
Submit all documents in person at the Customer Service Counter in City Hall or via email to Utility Billing.
Deposit and non-refundable processing fee of $34 due at sign-up. Deposits begin at $130 and increase according to meter size. Deposits are credited back to the account after 12 consecutive on-time payments.
We make our best efforts to provide same-day service, but the process may take up to one business day to complete.
Pay a Water & Sewer Bill
In Person at the City Hall Customer Service Counter
Cash, check, money order, or debit or credit card
Via the 24-Hour Dropbox (located on the 6th Street side of City Hall)
Check or money order, collected and posted next business day
Debit or Credit Card by Phone ($1.25 convenience fee may apply)
Call 707-441-4267 to pay with the automated phone system, available anytime, or with the Customer Service desk, available during regular business hours
Direct Payment by Bank Account
Please complete our ACH Authorization Form (PDF), and mail or drop it off with a voided check
End Water & Sewer Service
Contact the Customer Service Counter, in person, by phone at 707-441-4267, or via email, and provide the water shut-off date and forwarding address. The City of Eureka is required to post a water shut-off notice one business day before service ends in most instances. Proof of identity will be required to end water service.
If there is a deposit on the account, it will be applied to the final bill, and any remainder will be issued as a refund.
Report a Water Leak
- During business hours Monday through Friday please call 707-441-4203
- Report after-hours water emergencies to the non-emergency dispatch line at 707-441-4044
- How to Read Your Water Meter (PDF)
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR WATER USAGE WITH SMART METERING TECHNOLOGY
The City of Eureka is happy to announce the launch of a project that will greatly increase the control and transparency of water usage for our customers. As our existing radio-read equipment ages, we are replacing it with cellular based technology. Unlike the older radio technology, cellular based meters are communicating with the billing system in real time. What this means for our customers is that with a cellular meter you can now:
- Control your bill by monitoring your usage through the Beacon EyeOnWater website.
- View and compare your usage over time to pinpoint when and where your usage is occurring
- Help us conserve our most precious resource by eliminating unnecessary usage
- Get alerts via text or email when you have a leak
Note that the cellular technology is being phased in over time and not all meters currently have access to the full EyeOnWater system. If you don’t have a cellular meter, you can still see your usage and set leak alerts, but you won’t have access to hourly data and leak alerts will only be sent monthly as meters are read.
For a demonstration of how EyeOnWater can help you take control of your water account check out this explainer video on YouTube.