2024 Youth Basketball Season
This program is designed to teach the fundamentals of basketball in a low competitive environment while creating opportunities for children in 3rd through 6th grades, to improve their athletic skill and build self-confidence in a safe, secure and supervised environment. Practices and games begin in January 2024.
- Registration takes place October 2, 2023 through December 15, 2023.
- Practices and games begin in January 2024.
- Divisions Available: Boys - 3rd-4th Grade & 5th-6th Grade; Girls 3rd-4th Grade & 5th-6th Grade
- Teams will practice once per week with games on the weekend.
- $75 - Eureka Residents / $80 - Non-Eureka resident
- 50% scholarships available to qualifying families on a first come, first served basis
- Must register in person at the Adorni Center
Registration for the 2024 Hoopsters Basketball Season takes place at the Adorni Center during regular operating hours, Monday - Friday 9am - 7pm and Saturday 9am - 5pm. Registration forms are available at the Adorni Center or can be downloaded below.
Eureka Community Services is offering scholarships for the 2024 Hoopsters Youth Basketball season. This scholarship provides a 50% reduction of registration fees.
How to Qualify for a Scholarship
In order to be eligible for a 50% scholarship you must provide Eureka Community Services with current proof that you are receiving one of the following items:
- Current proof of receiving CalFresh (Food Stamps)
- Current proof of receiving AFDC (Aid to Families with Dependent Children)
- Current proof of receiving FDPIR (Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations)
- Current proof of receiving SSI (Social Security Income)
- Current proof of receiving Medi-Cal
- Current proof that your household meets the Income eligibility Guidelines (must complete Income Eligibility Worksheet (PDF) and provide proof of income)
Apply to be a Volunteer Hoopsters Youth Basketball Coach & Assistant Coach for the 2024 season!
There are two ways to apply to be a Hoopsters Youth Basketball Coach and Assistant Coach. Deadline to apply is December 15, 2023.
- Complete the Hoopsters Basketball League Coach Questionnaire online.
- Download and print the Coach Questionnaire (PDF). Return the completed questionnaire to the Adorni Center, Attn: Hoopsters.
Description of Coach/Assistant Coach Duties:
- Plan, organize and supervise one weekly practice session for the 12 week season
- Coach one weekend game for the 12 week season
- Promote teamwork and sportsmanship
- Teach the fundamentals of basketball
- Work closely with the Recreation Division in regard to the adherence to rules, regulations and league standards
- Make every effort to ensure Hoopsters Basketball is a positive and enjoyable experience for everyone involved
- Ensure every player has an equal opportunity to participate
- Manage basic behavior guidance
- Communicate with parents and players regarding practice/game schedules and the basic policies regarding attendance and participation
- Make contact with each player's parents/guardians and maintain ongoing communication
- Organize a meeting with players and their parents/guardians prior to the first practice
- Provide and oversee a safe play environment which enables youth to participate in positive, self-esteem building activities
- If selected, qualified applicant must be willing to be fingerprinted
- A basic understanding of the fundamentals of the game of basketball
- Prior coaching experience helpful, but not required
- Ability to be a positive rule model
- Must be dependable, have excellent time management skills and the ability to take initiative
- Ability to work with children of various ages
- Energetic, caring and patient
Show your support for our community's youth by sponsoring a Hoopsters Youth Basketball team! Sponsoring a youth basketball team through Eureka Recreation provides a terrific public relations opportunity and sends a message of strong community support. Team Sponsorship fees are $325/team and includes your name/business on the front of the uniforms.
There are two ways to submit your commitment to sponsor.
- Complete a Sponsor's Reply Form online.
- Download and print the Sponsor's Reply Form (PDF). Return the completed form to the Adorni Center, Attn: Hoopsters.