Summer Day Camps
- Where: Municipal Auditorium
- When: June 21st to August 12th, 2022. Closed July 4th, 2022
- Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
- Age: 5 to 12 years
- Fees: $125 per week for Eureka Residents, $135 per week for Non-Residents. No refunds or pro-rates for missed days or weeks.
- Registration: Registration for Camp Muni will begin Monday, May 2nd, 2022 at the Adorni Center.
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and all children must be pre-registered prior to attending. There is no on-site registration. All activities are supervised by City of Eureka Recreation Staff. Children are checked in and out daily and are not permitted to leave without prior parental consent.
- Where: Cooper Gulch
- When: June 21st - August 12th, 2022 - closed July 4th, 2022
- Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
- Age: 5 - 12 years
- Fees: Free
- Registration: Deadline to apply is May 13th, 2022. Families will be contacted beginning May 20th, 2022.
What is Camp Cooper? The City of Eureka was awarded funding through the California State Parks Habitat Conservation Grant Funding Program. The awarded grant funding enabled the City to expand Camp Cooper from a recreational day camp to an outdoor environmental education day camp, with more environmental-focused opportunities and activities, higher staffing levels, and extended program hours.
Applying to Camp Cooper This camp is designed to be a resource for low-income and disadvantaged youth and their families. Since there are limited spaces in this program, Eureka Recreation has changed the process from families needing to stand in line on a first-come, first-served basis, and instead created a competitive application process for families based on level of need that will secure a spot for the entire summer. There are three different criteria for your family to qualify: receipt of public assistance, income eligibility, and special hardship circumstances.